Got a great idea? It’s going straight to the blog!
Loop11 provides a platform for writers, thinkers and talkers who love all things UX.
Whether you’re a student, a professional, or an amateur dabbler, if you know the latest UX trends or have tips to share, we’d love to hear from you.
Since our 2020 product and brand refresh, we’ve had unprecedented interest – not just in Loop11, but in writing for us! So we’ve formalized the process to make it easier for everyone.
Our guest blogging program aims to support people to build their industry reputation in the UX arena. We are unable to pay for guest blog pieces, however, we credit the article to your name, and encourage you to share the article far and wide with your network. We’ll do the same through our newsletter (11,000 subscribers) and social channels.
How it works
- You’re welcome to send us a piece up-front, but in these cases we must have the first right of refusal. Please do not send the piece to anyone else until you have heard back from us (or have not heard back within 10 business days).
- We would prefer that you send us an idea and blog outline first. We’ll let you know if we can accept the piece.
- Once we accept the piece – write away! We ask for a 10 business day turnaround.
- You’ll then be asked to submit an author bio no longer than 300 characters and an author image in .png or .jpg format. We prefer 300x300px.
- We’ll let you know when it’s published.
- Blog posts should be between 1,000 – 1,500 words. If you have a great idea for a long-form piece, we’ll also consider it.
- We’re based in Australia, but we accept writers from all over the globe. We use US spelling.
- We’re happy to accept high res images where necessary (e.g. if you’re covering a conference and have pics of the presenter). Otherwise, we’ll grab our own.
- We permit a maximum of one do-follow links to relevant sources to support your article, and at least one internal link (on our website).
- The recommended title length is between 50 and 60 characters (max 600 pixels)
- The topics we are primarily interested in include: user experience, user experience research, UX & UI design, website design and product management.
- We particularly like “How-to” posts, ultimate guides, and case studies related to the topics.
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws. We will only publish unique content that hasn’t been published elsewhere.
Be sure you’re writing about something you know well. We’d appreciate the piece being SEO optimised – checkout the fantastic Skyscraper Method by Brian Dean and explore what is being said about UX. If you can show that you’ve researched a potentially high traffic topic it is much more likely to be accepted.
Submit your topics and topic summaries to: Support@Loop11.com