Rapid Research Workshop by Sarah Doody
Date: December 5th, 6pm – 9pm
Location: REA Group, 511 Church St, Richmond
If you’re not talking to users, then you’re not doing UX. The best competitive advantage you can have is to know your users.
We know we should be doing user research. But … too many teams talk about it but don’t do enough of it. They can’t get buy in, they don’t have enough time, they think it’s expensive.
In this workshop, we’ll learn how to get buy in for user research, do rapid research, and practice doing both one on one interviews and usability tests.
If you’ve never done research, this is a great workshop to kickstart doing user research, with practical activities you could do this week. And if you’ve done user research before, this workshop will give you ideas on how to get your team more involved and how to do research faster.
- Why research matters
- Types of research
- The research process
- Planing & conducting user research interviews
- Communicating research findings to stakeholders
- Strategies for getting executive and stakeholder buy in for research
- Understand the types of research
- Understand research process
- Tips for communicating research findings
What to bring
- Notebook and pen or pencil (must have)
- Smart phone or laptop (because one of the activities will involve looking at a website or app)
Get your tickets before they’re sold out!
Sarah Doody is a UX Designer and Entrepreneur.
She helps companies assess product ideas, understand customers, and design and launch products. For companies with a product already in the market, she helps optimize the user experience through metrics and research.
Sarah is passionate about helping people learn to think like a designer—through writing, teaching, and speaking.
In 2011, she created the curriculum for and taught General Assembly’s first 12-week UX immersive.